Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Winter in Retrospect

My little place all cozied up for the holidays...





Then out to NYC for a conference - the first morning I looked out the window of my room...
the beautiful NY skyline across the Hudson, glimmering in the sunrise.


By night...
Some of the sparkle and clarity is lost via cellphone, having left my trusty digital behind!

One month later, my aunt and uncle kindly welcomed me to stay a few days and visit with my grandmother. I looked out a different window on the opposite coast to a walled garden...

- mist, mountains and insanely springlike California sunshine!


Even the flowers were bursting out already...
I was much in need of rest and indulged in reading and naps in the warm breeze...


...listening to the sound of the garden fountain..

and stories from Grandmother Clair.
This is my favorite wall in her apartment, the brides!



Grandmother and Aunt Nancy


and Uncle Kevin


Last warm hugs before the airport!

No comments: