Sunday, December 21, 2008

Roadtrippin' Sabbath, Leg 3


A rainy afternoon drive between New York and Michigan ended in Saline, with my good friend Maureen, long talks over excellent coffee, and a misadventure in search of the cheapest bushel of apples in the neighboring orchards... The unbelieveably good prices were in fact merited - it was hard to find an unbruised apple. But, whatever, they're going into sauce in a the next day or two - right? We worked hard to convince ourselves this was true and worth the climbing.



Eventually, I set out homeward on Rt 90 with a great mix of sun, clouds and color...

I remember it being a relatively quiet drive home (except for the excitement of a detour or two - really they should TELL you when an exit leads to a highway with no other exit for 10 miles!!). After all the week's activity, I was glad just to take in the scenery and shifting light.
I love the Tyndall Effect. :)

A striking little farm, somewhere in Michigan
- again, a haphazard on-the-drive snapshot introducing some mysterious sloping.


Here comes the sun...

And here comes home (my Other Home!).
This shot was actually taken a day or so later, which the morning light probably gives away. Regardless, it's a view I've come to look forward to seeing as the highway cuts through a hill, breaks out on the river valley and I know I'm almost home.
October 25, 2008

No comments: