So last weekend I went down to Franciscan and we fortunately had the same great sunshine - it actually was warm. Walks were definitely in order! Donna hosted me (far L), incidentally in the same house in which Justyna had first hosted our Honors' dinner senior year. (They were roommates then.) Justyna and I enjoyed a relaxing Saturday afternoon and her mom served us some lovely meals! As usual, I always learn something new... like pomegranates & feta cheese with balsalmic vinegar makes an outstanding salad and cocoa powder is a fantastic topping for vanilla bean ice cream. (We did talk about more than food!) Of course, the Blackburn family is the other main attraction! Lydia is the newest addition, so we made acquaintance. Hannah (R) and Cecilia (L) are very happy in their shared role as older sisters. We endeavored to be adventurous and check out local cusuine... Fortunately pizza is really hard to do badly so we had a fun lunch if a little squished in our old-fashioned wooden booth.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Where in the World?
MetroHealth Hospital, Cleveland, IL
I realize that some months keeping up with my location can be like the old game of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago? You have to piece together names, destinations, county routes and addresses - until I finally pull my bloggership together and get everyone up date. :)
So here I am - mostly in Cleveland this month. I'm working at the hospital above at a clinic for special needs children and adults. It's a busy rotation and I'm seeing a lot of diagnosis that I usually only see in books. The hours are long, but the company is good and weekends are free! That of course means I'm not staying in one place....
When at my current home base, I'm in Cleveland Heights with a lovely family Marie & Ed Ruic, and their 2-year old, Hannah. Jeanette knew Marie from Franciscan. I'm sort of a late evening arrival every night, but Hannah gets used to checking in on me before she goes to bed. Marie generously prepares hot dinner nightly - what a treat!
Fall has been beautiful here, barring a few truly "November Gray" days. The perk of some parking garages is that they give you nice views... the taller one where I usually end up parking on the top floor has a great view of the city. I tried for a nighttime skyline shot, but my camera couldn't quite capture the city lights (given the background lights!). Still, I enjoy the view!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment